Call To Artists
The City of Oviedo Public Arts Board is currently seeking design proposals from artists who are interested in transforming the Round Lake Park racquetball court wall into a work of art! Round Lake Park is located in a neighborhood that has a rich African-American history and tradition. The City is requesting artists to present mural proposals that celebrate the Black History of Oviedo. Interested artists may submit an original two-dimensional mural design.
Entry Requirements and Details
- The design theme is “Black History of the City of Oviedo”.
- The design may be abstract or figurative.
- There is no specific color palette.
- The wall is a pentagon shape and its dimensions are approximately 40’ long x 12’2” high (sides) and 16’ high (middle). Please see template.
- The design may be slightly modified for ease of application.
- Each artist may only submit one design for consideration.
Artists are strongly encouraged to visit the proposed project site at Round Lake Park located at 891 E. Broadway Street, Oviedo, FL 32765.
The Public Arts Board will review the applications and submit the three top candidates to City Council for final approval.
The winning designer will receive a stipend of $1,000 for the purchase, use and painting of the artwork. The City will reserve a maximum of $2,000 to cover materials for the execution of the mural by the artist.
The project is open to all artists and graphic designers 18 years of age and older.
Deadline for Applications
- Friday, December 7, 2018 at 5 p.m.
The unveiling of the winning mural design is scheduled to occur on Martin Luther King Day, January 21, 2019. The winning artist will have four months to finish the project.