The Finance Department of the City includes the operations of Information Techology
The City of Oviedo Finance Department's primary responsibilities are:
- To safeguard the City's assets
- Ensure maximum utilization of revenues
- Provide financial support to operating departments
- Report accurate and timely financial information to management, City Council, and the citizens of the City of Oviedo
The City of Oviedo Finance Director is Jerry Boop.
The Department offers:
- Financial Reporting
- Treasury Services
- Payroll and Purchasing Services to City departments
- Customer Utility Billing
The department's services also include providing financial analysis such as the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, billing and collection of revenues, accounts payable and travel, coordination of all City purchasing, cash and investment management, pension management, debt service management, and the disposition of all surplus property.
Technology is responsible for all computer related activities of City government.
- System Enhancements
- Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Upgrades and Repairs to all City computer systems
- Support and Administration of an AS/400 midrange computer, the City's Website, the Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) consisting of Windows based servers for application, internet, email and mobile data functions
- Network Routers, Network Switches
Personal computers, Portable laptops and printers for all City departments.
In addition, IT provides support for HTE City’s thirty (30) core software applications including, Building Permits, Cash Receipts, Customer Information System, Fixed Asserts, Accounting, Land Management, Occupational Licenses, Purchasing/Inventory and Payroll/Personnel.
IT also consults with individual departments and the City as a whole for all departmental and City technology needs. IT establishes and administers policies and procedures related to the usage and maintenance of the City’s computer network.
Finance Director: 407-971-5544 email@example.com
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Finance Department location: First floor of City Hall, 400 Alexandria Blvd.
IT Department location: Second Floor of City Hall, 400 Alexandria Blvd.