Oviedo Fire Station 44 located at 42 South Central Ave. This building was originally a school, and was located on Central Ave. near High St. In about 1938, R.W. Estes bought it and converted it to a residence which he and his wife, Ruby, lived in until 1942. At that time, they moved it to this lot and built a new home next door. It later became the home of the Oviedo Fire Department.