Inclement Weather Policy:
The City of Oviedo Recreation & Parks Department utilizes the Thor Guard Lightning Prediction & Warning System at all Recreation Facilities, which includes Riverside Pool and the Oviedo Aquatic Facility.
The Thor Guard System was designed to evaluate the electrostatic field and compare the energy migration of the positive and negative ions. Thor Guard continuously measures the millivolts of static electricity, both in the air and on the ground, in a 2 mile radius. When the system detects sufficient electricity in the area to predict a lightning strike within an 8-20 minute window, the warning system will sound.
The following is the procedure for all Recreational activities during inclement weather:
· The first horn will sound for 15 seconds. This indicates the Thor Guard System predicts a lightning strike will occur in the 2 mile radius in less than 20 minutes.
· When the horn sounds, ALL outdoor activities will cease immediately and all pools, decks, fields and walkways will be cleared. All patrons are asked to seek safety in their cars, as we do not have the space to safely accommodate waiting patrons.
· While there is still potential for lightning within the 2 mile radius, a strobe light will continually flash.
· When the Thor Guard determines it is safe to resume activities, the strobe light will turn off and 3, 5 second horn blasts will sound.
The pool will reopen when Thor Guard has determined it is safe to resume activities. Until this time, please seek shelter in your car or inside the building. We are unable to allow patrons to wait outside under the over-hang of the building.
· Oviedo Residency restrictions are a requirement of the City of Oviedo Recreation & Parks Department. Proof of Residency is required for Resident rates. You must live within the City limits; not simply have an Oviedo mailing address.
· Non-Resident Members are Non-Residents who pay a yearly fee to Oviedo Recreation to receive discounted Non-Resident rates.
Oviedo Recreation Program Refund Policy:
· The City of Oviedo allows a 48 hour grace period for any cancellation of registration. All requests must be submitted in writing and within 48 hours of registration and prior to the start of the program in order to receive a full refund.
· Any changes after the initial 48 hours AND before the program begins are subject to a 25% administrative fee or the full amount can be credited to the household account.
There are NO REFUNDS after the program has begun.
· Payment for a program entitles the participant use of the pool during that program only. Pool admission must be paid for use of the pool before or after program/class.
Daily Pool Admission Refund Policy:
· No refunds or rain checks for any reason.
· In the event of pool closure due to inclement weather, you may return later in the day if the pool reopens.
· Pool admission is for duration of the day - patrons may leave and return in the same day without repaying.