The City of Oviedo is managed under a Council/City Manager form of government. The City Manager is the chief executive officer of the city who leads the organization and provides executive leadership necessary to carry out the mission, goals, and policies established by the City Council.
The City Manager’s Office is responsible for:
- Implementing and administering the Policy Directives of the City Council within the parameters of the City Charter
- The effective and efficient provision of all City services
- The enforcement of all laws pursuant to the City Charter, including Human Resources and Financial Management
- Preparation and recommendation of an annual operating budget and five (5) year Capital Improvements Program
- Keeping the City Council informed as to the financial condition and future needs of the City
- Contract/document signing on behalf of the City Council and in accordance with the City's purchasing policies