The City of Oviedo is managed under a Council/City Manager form of government. The City Manager is the Chief Administrative Officer of the City who leads the organization and provides the executive leadership necessary to carry out the mission, goals, and policies established by the City Council. The City Manager is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the City Council. He oversees all City operations, which includes oversight of the City’s budget and over 300 employees.
The City Manager’s Office is a community resource for all individuals who reside and conduct business within Oviedo’s municipal boundaries. The City Manager’s duties and responsibilities consist of:
- Implementing and administering the Policy Directives of the City Council within the parameters of the City Charter.
- Running the day-to-day operations of the municipality; preparing and managing the City’s budget and 10-year Capital Improvements Program.
- Administering all personnel matters, including but not limited to hiring and/or removal of all City personnel.
- Assisting with developing and establishing community-wide goals and objectives through working with the City Council and other stakeholders in the community to ensure that the community’s best interests are always considered in the decision-making process.
- Acting as a liaison to the County, other municipalities as well as other local, state, and federal agencies.
- Advocating for philanthropic and other services that provide an added benefit to the residents of Oviedo including, but not limited to, attendance at public functions and activities.