Adopt a Road Program
The Adopt A Road Program allows residents to directly impact pollution prevention to our surrounding surface waters. These valuable volunteers assist in the collection of right-of-way trash before it has a chance to enter our storm system and waterways.
If you wish to Adopt A Road, please contact the City of Oviedo Stormwater Coordinator.
- Participants must enter into a two-year agreement and sign a liability waiver.
- Provide name of the group or family to be displayed on signage that will be placed at the beginning and end of the adopted roadway segment.
- Remove trash along the adopted roadway a minimum of six times per year.
- Report to the Stormwater Coordinator the date and amount of trash collected; trash is normally collected and estimated in fifty-gallon trash bags. If more than three pick-ups are missed, that portion of roadway will be placed for re-adoption, and the current signage removed.
- Collection bags should be left tied to the signage pole for pick-up by the Public Works Department.
- All adopting parties will be announced in the Oviedo in the News publication and on the City’s social media sites.
- Lockwood Boulevard from CR 426 to Ashland Trail
- Lockwood Boulevard from Ashland Trail to Ekana Drive
- Lockwood Boulevard from Ekana Drive to Arrowroot Place
- E Mitchell Hammock Road from Lockwood Blvd to Kingsbridge Drive & Lake Rogers Circle
- E Mitchell Hammock Road from Kingsbridge Drive & Lake Rogers Circle to S Central Avenue
- W Mitchell Hammock Road from S Central Avenue to W Broadway Street
- Academy Avenue from E Broadway Street to the end of Doctors Drive
- N Pine Avenue from W Broadway Street to Artesia Street
- Chapel Street & Mission Road from W Broadway Street to the end of Mission Road
- E Chapman Road from SR 434 to Lake Gregg Cove
- N Lake Jessup Avenue from W Broadway Street to Artesia Street
- Oviedo Mall Blvd from W Broadway Street to Dovera Drive