PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY UNDER REMEDIATION TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY TO OUR DISABLED RESIDENTS AND VISITORS. ONCE WE HAVE REVIEWED EXTERNAL DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETED THE REMEDIATION, THEY WILL BE RETURNED TO THE WEBSITE.
Update 6/11/20 - The Rock Wall at the Oviedo Gymnasium and Aquatic Facility will be re-opening in a limited capacity and by reservation only beginning Monday, June 15, 2020. Rock Climbing will be by reservation only and has been divided into two sessions for Monday - Friday, and four sessions on Saturdays. Each session will consist of a one hour period, with a 30-minute break between each period. During each 30-minute break, Athletics Staff will be disinfecting, sanitizing, and cleaning all equipment and high touch areas.
Rec Rock is an excellent place for climbers ages 5 and up, no experience necessary, to try climbing in a safe environment. Rec Rock has levels from beginner to advanced along its 40-foot high face and is located at Oviedo Gymnasium.
Climbing is available to people age 5 and up, weighing at least 25 pounds and a maximum of 300 pounds.
Rec Rock Hours
Open Climbing schedule
- Monday through Friday :
- Session 1 - 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Session 2 - 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Session 1 - 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Session 2 - 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Session 3 - 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Session 4 - 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
How to make a reservation?
For the health and safety of all, reservations must be paid in advance over the phone prior to arriving at the Gymnasium. There will be NO walk-up availability for use. Reservations will be made on a first come, first served basis, and made up to 48 hours in advance of your schedule climbing time. Individuals making a reservation may book one session per day. When you call to reserve your climbing time, please provide the number of individuals for their session not to exceed 3. Reservation cut off will be an hour before the requested time, pending availability.
Call the Athletics staff Monday through Saturday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. at 407-971-5568 to book your reservation now.
If the Rec Rock Climbing Waiver is not signed in front of a Rec Rock staff member, the waiver must be notarized. Call 407-971-5568 for a copy of the form or visit the Gymnasium and Aquatic Facility.
Programs offered at Rec Rock
Rec Rock Fees
Single Admission Rates
- $5 - Oviedo Resident Member
- $7 - Oviedo Resident Non-Member
- $7 - Oviedo Non-Resident Member
- $9 - Oviedo Non-Resident Non-Member
Rec Rock Punch Cards
- $20 - Oviedo Resident Member
- $23 - Oviedo Resident Non-Member
- $30 - Oviedo Non-Resident Member
- $36 - Oviedo Non-Resident Non-Member
Rec Rock Passes
- $50 - Oviedo Resident Member
- $70 - Oviedo Resident Non-Member
- $60 - Oviedo Non-Resident Member
- $80 - Oviedo Non-Resident Non-Member
All prices include helmet, harness, shoes, and chalk (if available and applicable).