Phase 1 Reopening Recreation and Parks Facilities
City of Oviedo Phase One Recreation and Parks Facilities Opening
Essential Activities/Passive Use, Limited Locations: Phase one will focus on essential activity/ passive use to provide opportunities for physical fitness and support mental health while practicing physical distancing. Park use will be limited to safe, responsible, passive, essential activities following CDC and Florida Department of Health Guidelines. Closed park amenities will be secured within designated parks.
Park staff presence will be enhanced to monitor use.
- All park ordinances, rules, and regulations shall be in effect.
- Collaboration with regional partners.
- Follow Local, State, and Federal emergency orders as well as CDC and Florida Department of Health guidelines.
- Sufficient Staffing requirements met.
Boston Hill Park
- Youth baseball field and outdoor restrooms remain open
Center Lake Park
- Outdoor restrooms, Amphitheatre lawn, Veterans Tribute, and family lawn remain open
- Cantina opens June 1, 2020
Long Lake Park
- Outdoor restrooms and walking trail remain open
- Multipurpose field reopens with completion of maintenance
- Multipurpose field remains open
- Pool Lap Swimming opens May 18, 2020
- Skate Park opens May 26, 2020
- Tennis Courts open May 26, 2020
Gym and Aquatic Facility
- Olympic pool opens for swim team use May 18, 2020
- Completely Open
Round Lake Park
- Multipurpose field, north tennis courts, north pickleball courts, outdoor restrooms, pier, and boardwalk remain open
- Southern tennis/pickleball courts opening TBD
Shane Kelly Park
- Bark Park, outdoor bathrooms, and walking trails open May 26, 2020
- Lower multi-purpose field reopens with completion of maintenance
- Tennis courts, boardwalk, and outdoor bathrooms remain open
Phase 1 Closed Recreation & Parks Facilities
- Oviedo Sports Complex complete closure
- All indoor facilities and outdoor basketball courts
- Center Lake Dog Park and Marina
- Boston Hill Park Horseshoe Pits
- Gymnasium and Aquatic Facility Splash Zone
- Riverside Park Racquetball Courts
- Shane Kelly Park Upper Soccer Fields and Concession Stand