How we maintain our yards and community areas, have a direct impact on our natural lakes and rivers. • Apply only slow-release nitrogen and phosphorous free fertilizer products.
• Only fertilize during the months of October through May. Fertilizer containing nitrogen or phosphorous is not permitted to be applied during the rainy season per Ordinance Number 1657.
• Excess fertilizer causes algae blooms in ponds, lakes and rivers. Excessive algae can cause oxygen depletion to healthy vegetation and aquatic species.
• Do not overwater grass, if you have reclaimed water the water already contains elements of nitrogen and phosphorous, saving you money on fertilizers.
• When cutting the grass, leave grass clippings in place. This helps keep moisture in and provides natural nutrients.
• Never blow yard clippings into the street. Rain will wash clippings into the storm system and finally to our waterways creating harmful algae blooms.
Thank you for helping preserve our waterways!
Would you like to learn more?Visit FertilizeFlorida.comor call 407-971-5682
The City of Oviedo partners with Seminole County and the Florida Friendly Landscaping Program. For educational programs and environmental opportunities, please reach out to email@example.com.